Saturday, January 12, 2008

Varsity Spartans

Our Varsity Girls Basketball Team played great today, and finished 2nd in the Westmont Rotary Club Tournament. With just 3 practices under their belt, the girls played tough ball, and all 3 games were close. We eventually lost to Old Quarry in the Championship, led by their Tournament MVP. Losing is never the objective, but the way we played is, and I'm very proud of my girls. My team is a very good one, and we'll learn overcome any opponent with one or two great players. I'll take my TEAM over any one girl any day.

Congrats to Maura Killian for being named on the All-Tournament Team, too. Any young player looking to learn what it takes to be a better player should ask her - she's poured her heart into basketball the last 12 months, and the results are clear as day. Well done, Maura.

No comments: